There are three types of report formats available: Tabular, Summary, and Matrix. Tabular is the default format.
Tabular reports are the simplest and fastest way to look at data. Similar to a spreadsheet, they consist simply of an ordered set of fields in columns, with each matching record listed in a row. Tabular reports are best for creating lists of records or a list with a single grand total. They can’t be used to create groups of data or charts, and can’t be used in dashboards unless rows are limited.
How to create a Tabular Report
1. On Reports, click New Report, choose the ‘Opportunities’ report type, and click Continue.
2. Click FILTERS, then apply the following filters:
a. For the Show Me standard filter, select All opportunities and click Done.
b. Close Date All Time
c. For the Opportunity Status standard filter, select Closed Won and click Apply.
d. You can put more filter according your requirements
e. The following columns should already be included in your report: Opportunity Name, Type, Lead Source, Amount, Close Date, Next Step, Stage, Probability (%), Fiscal Period, Age, Created Date, Opportunity Owner, Owner Role, Account Name. (You can add or remove fields )
3. Click Save
4. Name your report Close Won Opportunities This Year.
5. Enter a description and choose folder and save the report in the folder.
6. Click Run.
The report should look something like this:
Summary Report allows users to group rows data which supports sorting and display subtotals. Summary reports displays subtotals based on Value of a field. Summary reports are also similar to tabular reports, only the different is, you can create charts and great for use in dashboards.
how to create summary report in salesforce lightning
1. From the Reports tab, click New Report, choose the ‘Cases’ report type from the Customer Support Reports folder, and click Continue.
2. Click FILTERS, then apply these standard filters:
a. For Show Me, select All Cases and click Apply.
b. For Date Field, select Opened Date and All Time for the range. Then click Apply.
3. From the Add filter… picklist, apply a field filter for cases where Open equals True.
a. Search for and select Open.
b. From the dropdown list, select True and click Apply.
4. Verify that these columns appear in your report: Case Owner, Subject, Date/Time Opened, Age, Open, Closed, and Account Name. If necessary, add them.
5. To make this report a summary report, you need to group rows. To group rows, first click OUTLINE.
6. Under GROUP ROWS, from the Add group… picklist, select Priority.
7. Click right top side Add Chart
8. Save the report as Open Cases for All Time,
9. Click the Select folder
10. click Save.
11. Click Run. The report should look something like this:
Matrix reports allow you to group records both by row and by column. Matrix report is most time confusing set up, but it is very detailed report of the data.
Why would you want to use a matrix report?
If you’re looking for something like totals of revenue or quantity of products sold, then the matrix report format is useful for you.
How to create a matrix report?
On the Reports tab, click New Report, choose the ‘Opportunities’ report type, and click Continue.
1. Click FILTERS, then apply these standard filters:
a. For the Show Me standard filter, select All Opportunities and click Done.
b. For the Opportunity Status standard filter, select Any and click Apply.
c. For the Date Field standard filter, select Close Date. For Range, select All Time. Click Apply.
d. You can see all the necessary fields are already there. You can add or remove more from Outline section.
2. To summarize the report by Sum of Amount, click the More actions dropdown arrow on the Amount column. Then, click Summarize and select Sum.
3. To create a Matrix report. To start grouping, click Outline.
a. Under GROUP ROWS, from the Add group… picklist, select Close Month.
b. Under GROUP COLUMNS, from the Add group… picklist, select Type.
4. It is Matrix report, so we have to turn off Detail Rows. (It is bottom of the page)
5. Click Save
6. Give name Opportunities by Sum of Amount and accept the auto-generated unique name and write report descriptions (Optional)
7. Click Save
8. Click Run Report.
9. The report should look something like this.
Mira Shah is 2X Salesforce Certified / Platform Champion / 2X Salesforce Ranger / 7X Superbadge / Answer Leader on Salesforce community / Downunder Dreaming Speaker (Brisbane Edition)
She is a active blogger and founder of Miraforce.