Starting in October 2019 with the Winter ’20 release, Salesforce will turn on Lightning Experience for all orgs with editions that support Lightning Experience.
Why should I update to Lightning Experience?
This is latest CRM technology of Salesforce and all future Salesforce innovations will be in Lightning. Salesforce brings new features, increased productivity, faster deployments, and a seamless transition across desktop and mobile environments.
Which editions and users are affected by the update?
All organizations Supported Editions (Group, Developer, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, and Unlimited) and User Licenses for Lightning Experience are affected by this critical update.
All users with the Lightning Experience User permission enabled are affected by this critical update. This includes all users with:
1. Standard profiles, which automatically include the Lightning Experience User permission by default
2. Custom profiles or permission sets that have the Lightning Experience User permission enabled by an admin.
When will the Lightning Experience critical update auto-activate for my org?
The ‘Turn on Lightning Experience’ critical update auto-activates in the Winter ’20 release, beginning with the Sandbox update in September 2019. For your production org, the critical update will be activated within 48 hours after the org is updated to Winter ’20.
To see when your production org gets Winter ’20:
1. Find your Salesforce Instance information.
2. Go to the Salesforce Trust Status site.
3. Search for your org’s instance in the search box, and then select your instance in the search results.
4. Select the Maintenances tab.
5. Find the Winter ’20 Major Release entry. The ‘Date’ and ‘Start Time’ columns indicate when your org will be updated.
6. The ‘Turn on Lightning Experience’ critical update will be auto activated within 48 hours of that date.
How can I prepare for the update?
• Run the Readiness Check found in Setup
• Turn on Lightning Experience for yourself or in a sandbox and test-drive your most used pages
• Review your user profiles (Standard and custom) and permission sets so you know who has Lightning Experience access
• Join the Trailblazer Community Group
• Lightning Now
• Lightning Platform
• Join Customer Success Event